Top 5 Causes of Water Damage in Home
Who wants to live in a degraded home? Obviously, none! After all, home is one of the biggest investments one makes in their lifetime. So, it needs to be taken care of properly.
If you are a homeowner, then you need to be aware of everything to keep your home protected against earthquake damage, wind damage, storm damage and most importantly, water damage. Though we don’t want our home to be destroyed, many times, such situations arise when our home gets ruined. So, important is to keep yourself prepared. One needs to be proactive to safeguard the home as well as the belongings.
In homes, water damage can be most disastrous as it leads to the growth of mold and mildew, harms the structure of the house, causes health-related issues and even weakens the foundation.
To guard the home efficiently, it is crucial to know the causes of water damage in the house. Read on to know those causes!
- Air Conditioner – Do you know if not serviced on time, the moisture can build within the AC itself? AC is helpful in removing the moisture present in the air, but a malfunctioning air conditioner can lead to leakage of water in the home, thus introducing mold and ruining drywall and flooring. So, experts suggest investing in the maintenance of air conditioners on time to protect your home from water damage.
- Leaking Pipes – The most common reason for water damage in the home is a leaking pipe. A leaking pipe if ignored for a long time, can damage landscaping of the house, and you may even have to pay high water bills. So, whenever you notice leaky pipes in the bathroom or under the kitchen sink, then it is highly advised to call the plumber immediately before the situation goes out of control.
- Clogged Drains – Clogged drains if left unchecked can cause severe water damage. A blocked toilet can lead to water backing up into sinks, floors and showers. Moreover, if your kitchen sink is backing up, then you may have to face sink overflow and damaged cabinetry and flooring. So, make sure to seek the help of professionals if you don’t want to deal with water damage.
- Washing Machine – Leakage from the washing machine can also cause water damage. Therefore, perform regular check-ups of your washing machine. Don’t forget to inspect water leakage beneath the unit as well as from its behind. If your washing machine is too old and giving you frequent troubles, then consider replacing it.
- Dish Washer – Dishwasher can be another major reason of water damage in your home. So, it is recommended to address the leaks immediately and get the dishwasher repaired or replaced if needed. You can thus prevent yourself from costly water damage in your home.
Are you late to prevent your home from water damage? Don’t worry. You can still hire water damage restoration services to fix the issues.