Asbestos testing and inspections are provided by Icon Restoration. Our inspection will require a thorough examination of:
- Visual inspection
- Samples were collected with care.
- Analyses of samples in the lab
If asbestos is discovered, our inspector will write a report detailing the location and nature of the damage, as well as recommendations for removal or prevention.
Asbestos Inspection Can be Needed in your Home
Asbestos should be tested in every home below the third floor of a multi-level, multi-family house. Asbestos is common in homes constructed before 1990. Asbestos is a fibrous mineral that occurs naturally and was commonly used in the building industry.
Asbestos has a high heat resistance and was once thought to be one of the finest fireproofing and insulation materials. It was widely recognized as a construction industry standard, and it was blended with concrete as well as used in its raw form.
Asbestos was outlawed in most jurisdictions during the latter half of the twentieth century after tests revealed that off-gassing and dust from the substance caused significant health problems in humans. Asbestos removal in Toronto is still needed for older local properties that have the material.
The Right Asbestos Removal Process
Asbestos is a dangerous and poisonous substance. Certified and experienced professionals are familiar with the history of asbestos use and can monitor for the substance using the most up-to-date and reliable testing and diagnostic equipment.
- Positive test results will be investigated by asbestos experts, who will look for all hazardous areas containing asbestos.
- Once the presence of asbestos has been confirmed, asbestos removal experts will contain and secure the area before beginning to schedule the removal of all affected and toxic material.
- Because of the presence and toxicity of asbestos, removal is much more difficult than just throwing it away.
- Icon Restoration, for example, receives extensive training and instruction in order to fully comprehend asbestos removal and the correct and secure disposal of hazardous debris.
- Processes are revised regularly to reflect any changes or new legislation.
Areas that Asbestos is Found
Asbestos was a standard and widely accepted construction material that was used in almost every aspect of a home or commercial structure. When older buildings are renovated, asbestos is often discovered in areas that have been left unused or that have not been upgraded for aesthetic or structural purposes.
If an asbestos airborne test is positive, it indicates that there could be leftover material from older installations or even the initial construction in common areas such as:
- In the vicinity of basements, attics, and cold cellars.
- Drywall and finished surfaces are hidden behind them.
- Drop ceilings, ceiling tiles, or popcorn ceilings.
- Underneath hardwood slats and floor tiles.
- Wraps for ductwork and pipes on the inside.
- Siding and roofing shingles.
- Intake and output registers that circulate.
Hazardous materials used in these areas will drastically decrease the quality of the air inside the building, and those that are exposed to asbestos dust will almost certainly suffer serious health consequences.
Property owners in the GTA who suspect or find asbestos should employ experts to test for and remove asbestos in Toronto as soon as possible to fix any hazardous air quality problems and eliminate any potential health and safety hazards.
Why choose us?
We work closely with each of our customers in the process to ensure that you have a complete understanding of the asbestos, where it is contained, and how we can extract it. With Icon Restoration, you can expect long-term results as well as continuing support. Get in touch with us right away! You’ll be glad you put in the effort.
Call (416) 901-4266 today to arrange for an on-site asbestos inspection so that we can assess the seriousness and scope of your problem and provide you with a quote.