Mold Removal Toronto & GTA, Mold Remediation and Inspection
Icon restoration has carved a niche in the market in mold Inspection, mold removal & remediation, in Toronto & the GTA. Our specialty-trained teams of mold remediation experts have the knowledge and the specific tools to respond quickly and to allow us to complete the required mold abatement.
The majority of the services at ICON Restoration are covered by home insurance plans which include mold removal services as well. However, if for any reason your claims aren’t covered then just call us today and book an on-site mold inspection. We guarantee you that our competitive rates won’t burn a hole in your pocket.
Call us today to book an on-site mold inspection so we can assess the scope and extend of your mold issue and provide you with an estimate. icon restoration is an IICRC-certified mold removal and remediation company with over 20 years of experience.
Mold Removal Services
Mold Removal Toronto – Icon Restoration Services, one of Toronto’s most trusted mold removal experts, provides reliable and thorough mold detection and remediation services.
Mold Removal Experts in Toronto & Greater Toronto Area
Mold removal in Toronto is most easily identified by property owners due to its strong, distinct odor, which most people describe as earthy and musty. A mold infestation may not appear to be an urgent concern for property owners and managers in the Greater Toronto Area at first.
Most people will attempt to remove the patterned discoloration off walls, tiles, and other surfaces with bleach or vinegar solutions, assuming that this will be sufficient. Call Icon Restorations for mold testing and abatement to see if your house has mold.
Unfortunately, if expert mold remediation is not performed, mold will rapidly evolve, grow, and spread, contaminating the air, residents’ health, building materials, and even personal things such as clothing and furniture. Inspections, testing, and expert treatment are required to minimize mold damage.
To stop mold in its tracks, contact Icon Restoration Services today.
Table of Contents
What is mold?
Mold is an airborne fungus that grows in damp places indoors. Most commonly mold can appear on window sills, under carpets, in kitchens, bathrooms and laundry areas. Mold also grows in various colors and textures, which can make it difficult to detect. If left untreated, mold and mildew can be a major health risk.
When is Mold an Issue?
Mold spores are a natural component of the environment that can be found indoors and outdoors in Toronto all year. Mold spores do not become a problem until they settle indoors and develop into an infestation, compromising air quality, structure, and even furniture.
Mold testing is required to prevent mold from becoming an issue indoors. Expert mold testing in Toronto compares outdoor mold spore levels to indoor readings to determine if there is a high or problematic level of mold that needs to be removed.
Mold outbreaks are classified into three types:
- Standard/Normal (Condition 1): No Visible Mold
- Elevated (Condition 2): Non-Visible Mold
- Elevated (Condition 3): Visible Mold
Condition 2 & Condition 3 both require mold remediation in Toronto to ensure a healthy indoor space.
Techniques for Mold Detection in Toronto
Prior to professional intervention and mold removal, the best way for an individual to detect mold in Toronto is through their senses and physical signs. If you notice any of the following, contact Icon Restoration Services for mold testing, mold control, and remediation, where our technicians will conduct inspections, collect samples, and devise a quick and thorough mold removal plan.
- Colors: Mold typically appears in earth tones ranging from forest or mossy greens to dark black, white, grey, and, in some cases, yellow.
- Odours: The odor of mold grows stronger with each passing day. The smell is earthy, musty, and strong. It has the appearance of rotting wood at times.
- Texture: Avoid touching mold, especially without gloves. The texture can be judged visually. Mold infestations in Toronto are typically fuzzy or velvety in appearance.
- Variation: Mold appears in irregular patterns or intermittent staining at the start of an infestation in Toronto and is frequently spotted.
Detection of Visible Mold
Mold’s appearance is determined by several factors, including its species and the type of material it infests. Mold will initially cause the affected surface to appear dirty until it begins to grow larger. Black mold is typically what prompts property owners to seek mold removal services in Toronto, but there are other types of invading fungi that must be addressed. Contact Icon Restoration Services for comprehensive mold testing in Toronto to learn more about the species and their risks. Third-party mold testing is a part of the mold remediation process that involves lab analysis of samples collected during inspection. Strategic mold testing in Toronto informs and empowers property owners to make the most effective mold control and abatement decisions.
How dangerous is it to human health?
With the exception of fresh blue cheese –which is made with cultures of the mold Penicillium, very beneficial to human health–, the larger the mold-affected surface in any household or workspace, the more serious the health risks to the humans and their pets coming in close contact with that surface. Commonly found health problems caused by mold in the house are allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory problems in children under 5 and elderly over 50, the most vulnerable age segments. Also, mold can cause serious damage to elements in the building, many of them essential to the structure such as wood beams and studs, but also wood or carpet floors, drywall, drop ceiling tiles not just in stagnant-water-abundant rooms —bathrooms, kitchens, and basements—, but anywhere inside a home.
Why you should hire a professional for Mold Removal and Remediation?
While there are many DIY-mould remediation suggestions on the internet, they may often create the impression that mold remediation is too easy a task to hire a professional. But, depending on the severity of the damage, doing a proper mold remediation job can actually be a time-consuming and often complicated process. Without proper diagnosis, removal and remediation, the mold may grow back and create new problems.
Most people try to scrub mold or mildew. But scrubbing or rubbing mold can release toxic spores into the air. Mishandling mold can increase health risks and even cause spores to grow.
Why are mold inspections needed often?
Mold grows pretty much everywhere. It is a normal component of our existence. But it can become very problematic when mold levels inside our living or working environment get significantly higher than outside. As the mold-affected surface gets bigger, the indoor air quality worsens, giving a clear signal that a mold inspection is necessary, preferably on a regular basis, especially in poorly ventilated spaces.
What steps do we take to perform mold inspection?
For visible mold removal, Icon Restoration can give professional help by performing mold inspections, which include:
- Locating the mold
- Eliminating mold growth in all areas of the property
- Making an immediate guidance plan to help you repair the damage at the earliest
- Providing pocket-friendly estimated costs to you in a timely manner.
Mold is also caused by floods. We can help in providing flood water cleanup and restoration services in such cases.
Mold Spots on Your Property
According to the CDC and EPA, here are a few signs that your home may be harboring mold.
- Mold growth in homes is primarily caused by heating and air conditioning units. A technician specializing in HVAC mold removal in Toronto can inspect your heating or cooling units for dampness or mold growth and help you resolve the problem.
- Dark Stains in Your Shower Grouts: Dampness and inadequate ventilation are common causes of grout and bathroom mold in Toronto. Other reasons for bathroom mold remediation could include a bathroom plumbing leak or water accumulation in the adjacent room. Nonetheless, these toxic fungi should only be removed by mold removal experts in Toronto.
- Wallpaper Peeling: Normal discoloration of wallpaper over time is normal; however, peeling or cracking are signs of humidity and moisture in the wall. Mold infesting drywall and wood will cause rotting in the porous surface, necessitating mold removal services in Toronto to be completely restored.
- Humidifier: If you are constantly humidifying, you should check to see if moisture is accumulating and causing mold infestations on permeable surfaces such as walls, window sills, and so on. A hydrometer monitors indoor humidity levels and allows humidity control to prevent mold growth.
Schedule a mold inspection in Toronto if you notice any of the signs in combination with a strong, musty odor. We will assist you in detecting and removing mold quickly in Toronto. Industry experts will assess the scope of the outbreak and collect samples for third-party mold testing in Toronto to determine the toxicity of the species infiltrating your property and whether you require immediate mold removal in Toronto.
Mold-Producing Environments in Toronto
Mold spores are drawn to specific environments and will usually only become a full-fledged outbreak if certain conditions are met. You can prevent future infestations from wreaking havoc in your space by maintaining the right conditions in your home prior to an outbreak or after mold removal in Toronto. Controlling and minimizing inviting conditions is the best way to reduce mold growth and infestations.
- Low ventilation: a lack of airflow prevents stale air from cycling out. Mold spores will not settle indoors if there is adequate ventilation.
- Sunlight and ultraviolet light, unlike plants, interfere with mold’s ability to grow. Mold spores thrive uninhibitedly in dark rooms and corners.
- Mold growth is aided by moist air or damp surfaces. Mold spores absorb moisture, allowing them to expand and replicate more effectively.
- Cellulose: Organic building materials and belongings provide mold with additional food. Mold grows and causes rot by feeding on wood, drywall, insulation, and other natural plant or animal matter.
It is critical to monitor humidity and moisture levels after mold remediation in Toronto. Using a hygrometer, you can monitor humidity levels in your home and take action before mold spores have a chance to infest. Moisture is unavoidable in some situations, such as emergency water damage. Respond quickly to leaks and water damage in Toronto to avoid the need for mold removal.
Toronto Water Damage & Mold Removal
Property owners who have experienced water damage require mold remediation in Toronto within 24-48 hours for the best results.
If you’ve had water damage from a storm, leak, or sewage backup that hasn’t been cleaned up by a certified restoration service, you’ll most likely need a mold removal professional in Toronto in the coming months. Water damage is one of the leading causes of mold infestations in Toronto because leaks and flooding typically occur in dark spaces that are densely packed with cellulose materials that are difficult to dry out.
Have you recently experienced flooding or water damage? Get a thorough mold inspection in Toronto right away to prevent mold infestations from spreading.
Mold Remediation Toronto Gallery
Learn more about:
Mold Removal Service Needed?
We Offer The Best Mold Removal Services in All The GTA.